- 1/2 lb top sirloin, cut into 1/2 to 3/4 inch cubes
- 2 tbsps olive oil, divided
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsps fresh thyme
- 2 1/2 cups russet potato (about 1 medium potato), diced into 1/2 to 3/4 inch pieces
- 2 cups plus 2 tbsps water
- 1 pouch Bare Bones Instant Beef Bone Broth
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 1 tbsp flour
- Fresh parsley to garnish
In a pot, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Add beef and cook until browned, turning as necessary. Remove beef and set aside.
Reduce heat to low and add remaining oil, onion and garlic. Cooked until soft and browned, about 2 minutes.
Add red wine and stir to deglaze plan. Add water, tomato paste, potatoes, thyme, and broth packets. Stir to mix and increase heat to high, cover and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 25 minutes or until potatoes are soft and tender. Remove lid, add beef, peas, carrots and butter. Stir to combine.
In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of cold water with the flour to create a slurry. Stir slurry into stew and let simmer to thicken, about 2 minutes. Serve and garnish with fresh parsley.